Shrove Tuesday and what better way to celebrate than with a GIN and tonic pancake!
:: Juice of 1 lemon and 1 lime
:: Lemon and lime zest
:: 3tbsp sugar
:: 3tbsp gin
:: 200g self-raising flour
:: 1 egg
:: 250g gin and tonic
:: 50ml milk
:: Knob of butter
- Make the lemon and lime zest garnish. Simply peel the zest from a lemon and roll it around a cocktail stick. Repeat with lime zest, then set both aside.
- Next, it’s on to the gin and tonic syrup. Squeeze the lemon and lime juice into a pan, then add the sugar and gin. Boil the mixture for three minutes.
- Finally, we’re on to the gin and tonic pancakes themselves. Much like regular pancakes, place the flour in a bowl and add the egg. Then whisk in your G+T until smooth.
- Melt the butter in a pan and spoon in the pancake mixture in individual portions. Heat until the pancakes are a glorious golden brown.
- To serve, stack the pancakes and drizzle the gin and tonic syrup over the top, before garnishing with your curled zest.
Let us know how you get on… send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org